Notable QR Code Campaigns
Here are a few notable QR code campaigns that demonstrate the versatility and effectiveness of this technology:
- Coca-Cola: Coca-Cola's "Share a Coke" campaign allowed customers to personalize bottles of Coke with their own name or the name of a friend. QR codes on the bottles linked to a personalized webpage that users could share with their friends.
- Pepsi: Pepsi's "Refresh Project" campaign used QR codes to allow customers to vote for community projects and receive real-time updates on the progress of their favorite projects.
- BMW: BMW's "The Ultimate Drive" campaign used QR codes to allow customers to test drive a BMW from their own smartphone. Users scanned a QR code on a billboard to access a virtual test drive, where they could experience the features and capabilities of the BMW from the comfort of their own device.
- Nike: Nike's "Tag Your Run" campaign allowed customers to track their runs using GPS and a smartphone app, and then share their results with friends by scanning a QR code.
- Red Bull: Red Bull's "Stratos" campaign used QR codes to provide real-time updates and behind-the-scenes content from the Stratos mission, in which skydiver Felix Baumgartner jumped from space. QR codes on Red Bull cans and promotional materials linked to a live stream of the event, as well as additional information and photos.
These campaigns demonstrate how QR codes can be used in a variety of creative ways to engage customers, build brand awareness, and deliver measurable results. By leveraging QR code technology, businesses can create campaigns that are interactive, personalized, and impactful.